Why it’s important
If you’re planning to get a spray tan, exfoliating your skin beforehand is a crucial step in ensuring that you get the best possible results. Not only does exfoliating help to remove dead skin cells and other impurities, but it also helps to prepare the skin for the tanning solution, allowing it to absorb more evenly and last longer.
Why Exfoliate Before a Spray Tan?
Exfoliating is important because it helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. When these dead skin cells build up, they can create a barrier between the skin and the tanning solution, preventing it from being absorbed evenly. This can result in a patchy or streaky tan that doesn’t last as long as it should.
By exfoliating the skin before a spray tan, you are creating a smooth and even surface that is ready to absorb the tanning solution. This helps to ensure that the tan looks natural and lasts as long as possible.
When Should You Exfoliate?
It’s important to exfoliate your skin 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment. This will give your skin enough time to recover from the exfoliation process and ensure that it’s in the best possible condition for the spray tan.
How to Exfoliate Your Skin
To exfoliate your skin before a spray tan, follow these simple steps:
- Start by taking a warm shower or bath to help soften the skin and open up the pores.
- Use a gentle exfoliating scrub or mitt to massage the skin in circular motions. Pay extra attention to areas that tend to be drier, such as the knees, elbows, and ankles.
- Rinse off the exfoliating scrub or mitt with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel, being careful not to rub too hard.
- Moisturize your skin with a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to help lock in moisture and prepare your skin for the spray tan
Skin Bar Theory Favorite Scrubs
Jergens Natural Glow Colour Primer In shower scrub
Great primer for a smooth and streak free Spray Tan!
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish
Gentle exfoliator and moisturizer, prep your skin for a perfect Spray Tan!
Dry Skin Body Brush
Perfect for exfoliate and soften your skin, but also improves circulation!